crayphile:
Mithras:

Think of what you really do for most of your driving. Obviously it will be different for everyone but the majority of my driving, day-in day-out is a drive from my house in a dense urban location to my office 7km away. I drive in with my wife and it's one of the few times we're alone and able to be normal adults without kids. In the morning it takes 7-15 minutes in the evening in rush hour it can be almost 45 minutes if it's really bad but usually 25 minutes. We also go to our place in the country, which is 230km away, probably 2 times a month. More than half of that trip has 80km speed limits...

So I need a car that has really good zip in the morning to get infront of people at lights or to get into the right lane, being able to get a better parking spot near the elevator because of the type of car is a bonus. I need something that is quiet and easy which won't further stress my nerves in the evening when my 8 minute commute is taking more than 4 times that amount and I need something that will go 230km with two kids in the car (hopefully sleeping) and all the crap my wife packs every week-end to go to a house where we have closets of clothes and food in the freezer... Being able to blast down an on-ramp without my wife giving me a dirty look for driving so fast with the kids in the car is a bonus. 

I think a Tesla can do all of those things as least as well as most other cars. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Well put, but there is no emotion to owning it which is what drives most on this forum. What you are really saying is that you need an FF Smiley

Or a 612Smiley I love emotional cars, I own one. If I had more than one secure parking space at my home I would own more than one but that's what happens when you live in a really dense urban area... That said, I understand the need for a discrete, quiet, cosseting car. Traffic stresses me much too much for that.

What I'm really saying is I need to move houses to get more parking, then get a 4 seater Ferrari. And a Bentley to commute in. And a Singer. And a GT3RS. And a California for my wife. Smiley 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region