Not sure how it is outside of the USA, but I'd have to agree with AndyM, owning a Ferrari is a status symbol that you've made it, but they are becoming as common on the road as 996's & Z06 corvette's, which were viewed as high end cars back in the day. Granted an Enzo is a different story, but owning a carrera GT or saleen S7 is the new level "made it" today. Nevertheless, being on the waiting list can be a pain, but the delivery is well worth the wait when you cam pull out of the dealership and have every driver slow down just to see the car, curious to who owns it. By this I'm not saying I wouldn't purchase a 430, but if I wanted to make a statement of my hard work I'd look to the limited production vehicles. Note: top gear does feature these vehicles as the ultimate purchase, but if you note their test on the zonda and other limited vehicles, they state that they had to make special accomidations or plugs just to get the test of these cars on the show - Example: Enzo episode where they had to plug the pink floyd book. Proof that these cars were even out of reach for the producers to just slip dealers some mumbo jumbo for their test.