As a owner (my father) of a 991.1 Carrera (non S), my opinion of the mk2 is mixed.

I do like the front and rear lights a lot. Even the new thin door handles. The 918 (or macan) steering wheel style too. PCM looks absolutely great.

From the engine perspective, I have mix feelings. Having listened to the first youtube videos of the exhaust. I am with Carlos, it does sound a bit like a hatchback, that 911 characteristic sound has been lost (at least a bit). It does not sound bad at all because the growl is there, but for sure is not the same as a 991.1 specially with PSE activated and even more with SPORT button activated. And that for me is the best of the 991 era. Apart of the iconic design (shall say 911 illness we have? indecision, cant stop looking at it.)

A lot of future 991.2 owners wont order PSE option for various reasons, and judging from the videos, stock exhaust is a joke.

How is possible Porsche went for 3.0l engine displacement. My little Boxster is a 2.9l

I really see 996 / 997 gt3 (all variants)growing even more in value, and 991 gt3 and specially RS too. Will porsche continue the next GT3 RS with the iconic 4.0l engine displacement ?? I really hope so.

--