KresoF1:
Carlos from Spain:

Can't help the feeling this 991.2 is going to be like the 996.1... the one to carry over a big change which needed another generation to get it right, and once that next generation is out it will be left as one of the least desirable 911 versions, like 1the 996, caught between the classic aircooled 993 and the modern 997. This 991.2 feels like an interim solution that will lack what the previous 997-991.1 had and what the next 992 gen will bring fully developed in a new gen, and thus once the 992 is out, will be left in a bad in between place.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos,

I respect your opinion a lot. But, here you speak as 991.1 GTS fan club member. I can understand it and fully accept that point of view. 

Just, maybe the wisest way is to wait for first real tests or even better personal test drive before forming or expressing final opinion about 991.2 and its merrits?

Don't get me wrong, I'm speaking in a longer timescale point of view. 991.1 or GTS is not the issue and I'm trying to be fullly objective. For example I do not hold the same opinion at all for the 991.2 Turbo or any likely any other 991.2 model, just the 991.2 Carrera. 

Just think that the turbocharged carrera concept wont be fully realised until the 992, don't see the 991.2 bringing anything to the table, but the 992 being made from the ground up will sure do. I'm sure its faster but the 996 was faster than the 993 but was it desirable after the 997 came out? not really, it became the least of all 911 models. 

And the 991.2 is left in between like the 996, it  neither has the atmospheric engine sound and feel of the 997-991.1, nor the full integrated advancement of a new generation 992, and in between models always get a bad image once the new gen is out, who will want a 991.2 when the 992 is out? what will be desirable about it? I can see people appreciating 997-991.1 GT3's for example. Feels like an in between step that the had to do due to regulations now mid way through this generation.

Even turbocharging in the Carreras actually feels like a temporary solution until 918 like hybrid tech can be used in the 991 mainstream models.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS