ENGINE

The GTS has a version of the direct injection 3.8liter atmospheric of the CarreraS with 430HP, but the increase of HP via the optional CarreraS powerkit, thanks to a variable resonance induction system and an improvement of the internal air conduction of the engine through smoother cylinder heads and new intake camshaft and valve-spring kit. The end result is increased output on the high end of the rpm range but without sacrificing some on the mid-low range. The GTS also incorporates a third middle radiator in the front for greater cooling just like the Powerkit fitted CarreraS.

Side-baiona3.jpg

The power delivery is progressive allowing you to better adapt it to the available traction, but it is an engine that likes to be on the mid-high end rpm range as is usual with these types of engines. It’s not characterised by excessive of torque at low rpms but at you start to cross the midrange the engine starts frenzy and puts a bigger and bigger smile on your face, at 5000rpm it shows its most aggressive side and its music to the ears as this atmospheric screams wanting to climb higher and higher and still higher. With the unique GTS exhaust sound it’s a match made in heaven that you never get bored of hearing.

Rear.side-tecla1.jpg

I’m going to mention milage because it’s interesting that with 75HP more than my ex-997S, the GTS has better milage. And the car is still new so the milage will improve even further along the first year.

Also very very nice bonus on the GTS is that thanks to having the widebody chassis but no AWD in this case, you can opt for a 90 liter fuel tank at no extra cost. This large fuel tank will not reduce the size of your trunk nor has any other disadvantage, and it is very convenient not having to stop as often on gas stations. Depending on your driving you can see an autonomy from 400km up to as much as 900km! if you are for example driving at constant speeds even at highway speeds that would be illegal in most of Europe. Amazing efficiency.

Side.casa.jpg

The downside on this section goes to the Start&Stop function, I may be old fashioned but the gimmick of the engine stopping when you are sitting on a stoplight ready to go is to save a drop of fuel not something that agrees with me. On top of this you cannot deactivate this function permanently so you have to deactivate it manually via the button on the console every time you start the car. By now it has become second nature along with activating the sport exhaust with is right next to it. If you deactivate the Start&Stop the sailing-coasting function will also be deactivated by the way.

console.buttons.jpg