Finally!!!!! I took delivery today after having the car sitting in the showroom for over two months!!! 

In a few words, awesome road car! Fantastic balance, super sweet to drive on country winding roads. I suspect it will be a bit too underwhelming on the track and I will find out soon. But for the road, it's an amazing car!

For me, it is the spiritual successor of the 993 RS. Enough power, but not so much so that you can floor it in any gear and be in total control. 

Something rather odd, the 918 seats are, well, 918 seats, but they are more comfy on the GT4, they don't feel as upright than the 918, I wouldn't be surprised if they are more inclined in the GT4/ GT3RS. Which makes the driving position absolutely perfect, seats are excellent.

The autoblip sport button is fun, it's quite useful at low speed in fact as, like the RS 4.0, the gas pedal is quite deep for heel and toe but once you're gunning it, it's better without simply because it's more fun to do it yourself.

Noise is quite nice, it sits between my 997 Sport Classic and my RS 4.0. Actually funnily enough, this car reminds quite a lot of my Sport Classic, very similar engine and gearbox, more agile but without the rear weight bias which is more fun to manage.

Conclusion: Excellent car. For the money, not much beats it.

PS: A violet RS was being delivered today, nice car but I really didn't like the colour, it's quite flat, quite pretty, but on a car? Not sporty, nor classy, really didn't do it for me, I wasn't sure when I ordered mine and I am now glad I went for orange. Car will be delivered in September.

PPS: Earlier in the weekend, we took the oldies for a blast to the Reims old F1 track. 288GTO, 993RS, Delta Integrale and 968CS. Delta was not that good sadly, engine is just not great, the other three are sublime. 968 has a chassis modern cars would be ashamed of, the RS is telepathic in its handling, engine is fabulous, GTO is just mega, the engine is a masterpiece, for me a much better road car than the F40, and arguably the prettiest car ever.

1437427885995Image 6.jpg

Image 9.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5281.jpg