MKSGR:
macca993:

Totally agree Peter. However the GT series cars have always been numbers cars even if most of us can never come close to replicating the numbers.

I agree - also, one can expect some additional performance for the extra 50k the GT3RS is over the GT3...

I am disappointed Smiley

I told you there wouldn't be much difference... Smiley

Why is that actually important? Most 991 GT3 RS owners are using the car for normal street driving with a few track days here and there. This car is track ready as it is...stock.

The extra 50k you pay are for looks, exclusivity and whatnot, so... I bet that in reality, the RS costs Porsche less than 5-10k EUR more to produce than a GT3, making it very likely a very profitable product.

Of course I may be wrong (I have no actual numbers) but I still wonder why these things matter? Yes, the 991 GT3 is probably the best value, along with the GT4 but for me, this doesn't really mean much. If I could afford it, I would still get a GT3 RS right now.

Make no mistake, the GT3 RS is no Autobahn racer, I posted this over and over again. For the Autobahn, the 991 Turbo S (or a Ferrari 488 GTB) makes more sense. Much more sense.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)