RC:

Re the factory collection - can anybody confirm just how strict the German police are about driving with summer tyres after the 1st Nov. This article is worrying me a little, but there is nothing I can really do about the delivery date or the tyres fitted, so....

https://www.wbs-law.de/eng/road-traffic-law-eng/law-winter-tyres-germany-48118/

You only get in trouble with German police if something happens and if something happens doesn't necessarily mean an accident but for example if traffic gets "disturbed" because you slow it down or if you cause a stop.

I would be much more concerned with your car insurance and not police. The German law is clear on winter tires. If something happens in Germany, I doubt that your car insurance will take it lightly. I suspect they would refuse payment, so be careful here. Also, if you damage a third party, your insurance could actually pay up and demand the money from you. Careful!

Cheers, so is the 1st Nov a black and white implementation of the Winter law?  I thought I had read elsewhere that it was just "wintery conditions", so providing it was mild and/or dry there wouldn't be a basis of an issue.

Also, just to nit pick but winter doesn't start until the 21st December in the northern hemisphere! I accept that argument wont stand up to either the police or the insurance company. Smiley

Suppose I could pay for a transporter to collect me and it at the factory gates and drop us off at the German border?

--

Current - Aston V12 Vantage, Morning Frost White, Buckets, Manual

On Order - Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, LWB