J.Seven:
Lars997:

I had a chance to drive the 488 shortly yesterday. As I was taking around by Onur a week ago in his gorgeous 458 I kind of had an comparison. 

First: Yes - it is an impressive car. First thing I noticed. The car felt softer from the seats than the one of Onur. But - his car had the carbon sport-seats. Anyway - the 488 felt softer.  Suspension, grip, etc - it was softer also on the ride. But again - sport suspensions vs. stock settings. 

In sound it was disappointing. I tried all Manetono settings and barely find a change in sound. The beast didn't come out - at least I didn't hear it inside the car. Onurs 458 screams like the hells angels after a Doberman bites their testicles - but this car was rather like a pussy cat "miawing" for some more milk.

Acceleration. The car is fast - very fast. But hey, the 458 is the same. I didn't notice it is an Turbo car - would have to lie if I would say I could notice. It Rev's like an combustion engine, it breath like on. Ohhh - hold on, there it was again - that sound of the Turbo - yes, that was clearly notable. 

Interior, craftmanship, etc. - For me identical to the 458. No change here.

Would I buy it - maybe with the right sport exhaust. Would I prefer a second hand 458 for probably half the price of a 488 - definitely - as I hardly could see or notice the change.

I admit that a Ferraristi owning the 458 for sure will feel much more difference than I did. But for me driving now both cars within that short time and not owning an Ferrari, it felt like the same cars. One with sport set up and one with comfort set up.

Hi Lars, I´m very surprised with your report, would have thought you would be way way more impressed with 488 Smiley All press have been saying the difference in power compared with 458 is huge so it´s strange you didn´t felt the difference! You really don´t seem impressed with anything , even the design difference between the two, handling, sound! Do you think by spending more time with the car you could change you mind?

Don't missunderstand me - I think it is an very impressive car - gorgeous looking, extremely fast. 

Just - having felt that stunning ride of Onur a week ago, I didn't get the same emotions of the 488. It might have been the roads, it might have been the standard equipped 488 with its "cushion seats" vs. the sport seats. 

The power is extreme, but hey - the 458 is already extreme fast. I didn't feel the extra power. Even compared to my SLS - I know numbers are speaking different, but it didn't feel that much faster. Felt even less beasty than the SLS - which might be that the SLS always dances with the rear when accelerating through the first 3 gears - again, different layout - light rear vs. heavy rear. 

As I said before, the 488 is a perfect car. I wouldn't mind driving one every day to work, supermarket, kinder-garden, ... Smiley My lack of impression is by judging against an high level and a fascinating processor. 

Again - would I buy it - in an heart beat when money doesn't matter. If I get an 458 well in shape for 100k less - I would take that one and put the other 100k on the bank or buying some watches (kidding). Second reason - the 458 is more rough, more sporty - with that little tick of less perfection it gives so much more fun. A bit like the difference of the 997 towards the 991 - we all know the new generations are getting faster but they kind of take emotions - through perfection - away!