KresoF1:

Problem is way too high prices of 991(and forthcoming 991.2) range.

For example 991 Turbo S with full options is priced almost at the same level as Huracan. Both R8 V10 Plus and 570S are cheaper and faster. New 488 GTB is around 10K € only more expensive then 991 Turbo S with similar options.

Of course Porsche will sell tons of 991.2 models because their buyers want 911. But, they need to be very careful since I can not justify 991 range prices at all, apart from 991 GT3. And I am not the only Porsche fan that is tired of this milking trend...

I see your point about the pricing of the 911 range.

However, Porsche could offer the hypothetical 960 in parallel with the 911 Turbo S at a slightly higher price at the 488/650 level. Notwithstanding any performance similarities on paper these two Porsche models would feel different and appeal to different buyers or both cars could be bought by the same client for different purposes.

The 960 would add great prestige to the Porsche range. It would be great to announce the 960 about now just after the Le Mans victory. A Flat 8 turbo with a simpler hybrid drive (compared to the 918).

--

"Form follows function"