Futch:

918 is more elegant. Laf is more like a missile, very (too?) aggressive. 

Haven't driven the Huayra no but I'm sure it's awesome too.

I'm still puzzled by this high rev power delivery issue, it doesn't make sense and it's contrary to everything I've read or watched about the car.

Does someone know if in Race mode, there are instances where the engine feeds the batteries and hence, don't deliver full power? I didn't try Hot lap unfortunately. 

It really felt like after 7500rpm, the surge wasn't there anymore.

Futch, many thanks for the great detailed feedback from your Porsche 918 drive! Smiley

It's great to get feedback from someone that experience driving both LaFerrari and the Porsche 918...driving.gif

When you get the call from Porsche asking for feedback, perhaps if you mention your feedback on the engine power they will confirm whether they had restricted the performance above 7500rpm? Smiley

Porsche should also offer you a follow up drive in the 918 (maybe at Silverstone GP? Smiley) with the "Hot Lap" function available and 100% full power delivery... burnout.gif

One interesting question with these hybrid hypercars is how they would perform over a number of laps? For example, would LaFerrari or 918 or P1 be quicker overall for a 6-hour GT endurance race? Smiley

Smiley SmileySmiley