Grant:

Posted on US Cayman site by Korean member.  Kreso and RC:  Any comment?

Originally Posted by inmotion_mt  

"Got some information. Cannot identify source.

1. Will come with 3.6 Engine around 380hp - 991.2 base will also use 3.6 Engine.
2. Will come with Aerokit - also will be available on 981.2 as standalone options.
3. Will NOT be hardcore GT3 Challenger
4. Will NOT be called GT4"

Sounds disappointing, but if true, I don't see any reason not to offer Manual gearbox. Hope the price reflects the mild upgrade in power.

Also, I thought it was already decided that 991.2 gets turbo motor?

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

I spoke with Schultzhund on the weekend by PM on this subject. The post above is consistent with what I had learned from a contact doing tyre testing a few months back. He was firm it was under 400bhp as he had access to some of the metrics for his work on tyres. I am trying to find out more but at this stage getting no where. The impression I got form my earlier conversation was atmo engine, under 4000 bhp, PDK in test car, 5 lug wheels 20". It would make sense to me that this will be the "R" model and the GT4 moniker may be reserved for future cayman/boxster iterations using blown 4 pot engine...just my 2c worth :-)