Whoopsy:
Futch:

I love the 959. But  its tech is completely dated. 

Actually the 918 is half CGT, good and half 959, in the sense that it is so complicated technologically that in 10 to 20 years time, no on will bother or know how to look after them. Today it is remarkably difficult to repair let alone to maintain a 959. When it came out, it was ultra sophisticated and today it is so dated. Its adjustable suspension are a nightmare, it uses special magnesium wheels that you can't find anymore and porsche more often than not doesn't have OEM spares. I know because I bought a comfort car and it costs me dearly to refurbish it and it was a bit of a nightmare.

I'm selling it without even having driven it because I ended finding a sport version which is the one to collect, lighter and simpler and a lot rarer. 

Get a 959, no doubt. Plus it has racing pedigree, and it is going up in value big time! But buy wisely. 

My point is of all three hypercars, the 918 is the most fascinating but also the most complex and the one that relies the most on battery tech. What if in ten years battery has moved on so much that it renders the 918 obsolete?

i desire one really badly, but I really want to see first which way they are heading in terms of value and reliability. 

It's the tech that fascinate me, I am a super geek at heart. To me the 959 is a showcase milestone in Porsche history, it's tech has gone into a lot of the road cars that comes after, I see the 918 the same way. The CGT is a completely different animal, it's not a tech heavy showcase car but a properly engineered street car that was conceived as a race car initially. 

I have had casual inquiries about the 959, they are indeed at a much higher prices than I thought they would be. Canepa in the US modified a few to make it more livable, i.e. the suspension and wheels. But they also tuned up the engine too and I didn't really want that. 

Yes after 6 dry laps maybe a couple more, but remember I was literally braking like my race cars ie around 100 bars on the pedals. You just don't do that in a road car, I did in this instance because I was arriving so fast and was surprised by the speed so to speak. 280 in the straight compared to 250 in the 911. Massive difference. I cooled the brakes and let it rest and it was fine there after by braking a little earlier and less pressure. 

I heard canepa modifies 959 by removing the tricky suspensions but investment wise it's better to get a sport. You can leave the engine untouched but this engine is probably the strongest engine porsche has ever built, it's good for 650 ps easy I'd say. It is literally bullet proof. 

The carrera GT is a race car project converted to a road car and to me, that makes it so cool. Carbon tub, carbon clutch, low weight and just so pure to drive.