bluelines:

The law in Sweden is not much different to Switzerland when it comes to traffic offences.  Most western european countries have similar laws, including the UK.

Switzerland seem to be tougher on the tail events, but these are not significant for the statistics. These cases are outliers. I honestly don't understand the problem that non-Swiss residents have with it. Do you regularly speed and this law applies to you? I hope no one is this irresponsible. Clearly very few here have themselves, or had their loved ones, involved in a traffic accident. I think you would have a very different view then.

That is exactly the reason why I get angry when I read comments like noone1 made and I apologize to noone1 for that. Both my father and brother were killed by someone who was drunk and was driving over 100km/h in a 30km/h zone. They had no chance to survive.

i like fast cars and everything that has to do with speed, but what I don't like is people that are irresponsible and think they can do anything they want on the road. 7 out of 10 times these kind of people are rich people, because they don't care about getting a fine. Often they don't even care when their license is taken. That's where the confiscation of a car can be a good thing, because that hurts more than taking a license. I think the Swiss system is perfect when it comes to speeding. Only drunk driving needs to be penalized a lot more IMO. 

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic