I can see how customers would like this car but I still think it is overpriced for a car which wants to "attack" the 911. The only way to attract 911 lovers would be over the price tag because the rear seats are important to many 911 owners, also the reputation of the car. It is a 911 for god's sake. 

My Mercedes sales guy just claimed yesterday that the GT price tag will surprise many (in a positive way) but he didn't give me any numbers. Maybe he was comparing the price tag of the 510 hp GT with the one of the 400 hp Carrera S but we all know that horsepower isn't everything. With a base price of under 100k EUR, the 510 hp GT could be an interesting alternative to the Carrera S but if Mercedes asks 120 or 130k EUR from the start, the car will not really attract any serious 911 owner or possible owner in any way. 

My guess is: The GT with 510 hp will be under 100k EUR (base price) and the GT with the less powerful engine somewhere below 90k EUR base price. Of course the stronger GT with Performance Package will have a base price of at least 115k EUR but let's just wait for the official announcement and the official prices.

The advantage with Mercedes was always that they provide huge rebates, at least in Germany. Not sure however they will do that for a brand-new model.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)