RC:
RS 991:

Raising up the RPM's would be a possibility to make the engine more emotional, even if it needs a lot more engineering to do so. They did the same with the 991 turbo/ turbo S. That would at least justify the higher price of a Macan TTS, than just a different ecu mapping. But it seems difficult to me to give the Macan GTS its own personality... An another possibility is to play with boost and overboost functions, which is more likely I guess.  wink

The 991 Turbo S doesn't sound better than the 997 Turbo S because they simply raised the rpm. Smiley

Still...compare a 991 Turbo S to a Ferrari or Lamborghini and the emotional part isn't even close.

I think Porsche is becoming more and more a mass producer and they are getting closer and closer to become a second BMW or Audi. Not really my cup of tea. Yes, I supported the introduction of the Cayenne and even the Panamera but I always said that with such non-typical Porsche models, Porsche needs to offer the world's best performance in it's class. It worked at the beginning (Cayenne Turbo/S) but now the competition got stronger and stronger. 

Yes, I get it...the Macan is supposed to be a mass production car for a broader customer audience but this doesn't mean Porsche cannot add one or two emotional and very special Macan models to the model range. So far, the Macan Turbo just doesn't cut it and I just hope that Porsche is aware of it and will correct this. If they put a Macan Turbo S on the market with 30 hp more and some shiny wheels Smiley, this just isn't enough. Same goes to the Macan GTS: A sportier setup won't cut it, there needs to be a proper sound and something special about this car too.

Macan is IMO the biggest dissapontment of all new Porsche models introduced in last 8 years. What could Macan do better then its competitors?

Only offer better drive dynamics... Just... I am personally not so much interested in fantastic drive dynamics of 2t car but, rather to rear bench size, trunk size and value for money. 

Btw, what are most powerfull engines in competitor modesl a la Q5 or X3/X4? Diesels with more then 310ps...

What can Macan Turbo better then for example forthcoming Audi S6 Avant with 450ps? Nothing.