To sum up: The first Horst von Saurma compares this experience with an old private pilot who has to fly a jet fighter for demonstration - concerning the risks. Then he talks about the predecessors of the 918 and some technical stuff like the hybrid powertrain that weights about 312 kg. He continues by talking about the several modes and how they deliver the power: “The acceleration attacks in Sport or Race mode with the electric-boost and at least half way charged battery are unbelievable heavy, so you think inertia was switched off in a mysterious way.” Sprint from zero to 100 kph was done in 2.6 seconds for 6 times in a row, with two persons in a completely fueled car. Zero to 200 was done in 7.4 seconds and 0-300 in approx. 18 seconds with tail wind and below 20 sec. in worst case. The nice thing with this car is to cruise around silent the other day without changing anything he says. All in all von Saurma admits that the 918 would be lighter without the hybrid components but this had killed the character of the car with its stunning dynamics and this huge range of usability and sportiness.

The 918 sets a new Supertest record in almost every category. IMO the most amazing one is the 0-200-0 kph test that is done after only 11.8 seconds. They explain that the 918’s electric engines brake the car in generator mode with 0.5g and charge the battery with about 230 kW(!), so even without the PCCB brakes the car would stand still after only 52 meters (some SUVs need about 40 meters for braking down from 100 kph). Unfortunately SportAuto was not able to put the car on a dyno because of its complexity. For the Nordschleife time they had 8 laps: Two to warm up, 5 with traffic starting with a 7:30 and decreasing it to a 7:15. Their final lap without traffic was the 7:13 - a really good lap time for a non works driver IMO. 

Thanks for posting Boyko! The second article is the one from Auto Motor & Sport. It says almost the same thing as it’s written by the same author. As you can see on the fuel consumption figures this paper is the one for “normal” cars. Those figures are not faked I think, as they collect them whilst driving in cities and German roads limited to 100 kph (or 130 kph on the Autobahn for most of the time) using the full recuperation energy. (But nevertheless - only the stats you faked yourself are correct blush)

Anyway I want two things now:

1) A 918 Spyder as this is the most admirable and desirable car of this century (or at least someone give me hybrid boost for my Fiesta)

2) An iPad to read SportAuto the day before the paper arrives printed smiley