ShaunRS:

A rare post from me 

I've ordered a 991.2 Carrera GTS today - Manual, RWS, Ceramic Brakes, LED headlights, GTS Silver Alcantara pack, Carbon Buckets Seats and F+R Parking Sensors. I'm hoping to get Ultra Violet (991 RS colour) approved on PTS as mine will be a MY18 build. I think the Ultra Violet and black details of the GTS will work really well together as well as the silver/alcantara interior. Thoughts on spec?

I've decided to trade in my white GT4 for it as I think the GTS can do both the weekend fun car and odd track day very well. The GT4 is fantastic, but my spec anyhow is more track focussed, no nav, clubsport, buckets, manthey geo, no leather etc etc... so hence the limited road use.

Hope I'm doing the right thing as the GT4 is special, but doesn't get much use other than a few track days, hence the change of plan. Anyone else moving from GT4 to new GTS? I'm not interested in the 991.2 GT3 as I'm holding out for the hope of a GT2 RS. GTS manual + GT2 RS would be the dream garage for me.

A very interesting and unique spec Smiley I hope you get the UV paint . I would love to see that .  I am also very interested in your feed back about the manual once you will have driven it a few month . 

Maybe you should  reconsider the Carbon buckets ? As a car you will use in the city and as often as possible, getting in and out of them could be an obstacle on some short trips in the city  , no ?  I love mine in the RS, but for a car I would drive mostly as some kind of DD , I would take the sports seats . Also , you will loose the back seats . It will also be hard to sell once you want to get rid of it .  Unless, your car will be driven more on the track and only be used for spirited week end drives

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS