RC:

McLaren understands what people want and the prices are OK for the performance and looks these cars offer.

Porsche seems to be thinking a little bit too much about profit margins and facelifts, instead of giving customers maximum possible performance and pure driving pleasure. Especially after introducing the Macan now.

I am a highly loyal Porsche customer but I already started to shift my mind to other products from other manufacturers. Maybe I am getting older and my taste in cars changes too but performance has always been a priority for me and if Porsche cannot deliver, I have to look for it somewhere else. Especially the peformance/price ratio is very important to me.

Before Easter, I had a Ford Mustang GT 500 Shelby testdrive. This car costs half of what a 991 Carrera S costs with similar options and it is even faster. Maybe a stupid comparison but after such test-drives, I kind of feel ripped off by Porsche.

Another long time loyal Porsche customer here that is starting to think the same.

--