SuzyF:

OMG RC! How on earth can you drive a Cadillac Escalade?  mail Do you fancy a new carreer as a rapper? 

The 2014 Escalade is a pretty sweet ride. Quality is OK (not as good as on my Jeep GC though), the ride quite sporty and steering is quite direct (though not really sporty), I actually like this car a lot because it offers a lot of room for the family. I wish I had a career as a rapper, so I would make tons of money. Smiley

Seriously, I think I would rather leave some famiily behind than drive an Escalade.... Smiley (Maybe it's a good thing that I don't want kids, i would be a bad mother I guess).

The alternatives aren't really that great. The Mercedes GL is the only family SUV which is acceptable, everything else (especially that Lincoln Navigator I mentioned) really sucks. Some friends of ours, they were in the US for the first time with their kids, got a Nissan Rogue from their rental company (National) and would have loved to have an Escalade. We had a Tahoe once but this car was horrible, so much plastic in the interior, horrible.

oh.. Welcome back BTW indecision I hope that you, despite the Hertz problems, enjoyed a very nice vacation. kiss

The Hertz problem was solved fast, thanks to that Hertz CEO we knew from the past (what a nice person, I haven't seen him for over three years and he still helped us, even if he wasn't in the US anymore). The vacation itself was wonderful, we had a great time. One little exception though: This "little fellow" starred at me while I was taking a picture of it (not at a park but in free nature). Just later I realized how dangerous this situation has been...this snake was only one meter away from my right leg. Stupid me (if I'm not mistaken, this is a Cottonmouth and very poisonous).

1398678807903snake.jpg

Our Easter Sunday breakfast...what a view.

1398678847148beach.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)