reginos:
Carlos from Spain:

I don't count fortune telling as part of the job description of an F1 driver, no one knows what car is going to be competitive the followig year, all you can do is choose one of the traditionally top teams and hope for the best.

Not fortune telling but analyzing the field. Newey delivered championship cars with Williams and McLaren. Doing the same with RBR was an inevitability.

That's easy to say with 20/20 hindsight but back then nobody thought the sports drink team would dominate like that the next three years.

Similarly, when giant Mercedes entered F1 as a full team, it would have been a matter of (short) time before they were at the top. Another logical deduction.

Honda was a giant with a huge amount invested in F1 and look were got them. The reason Mercedes is on top now is because they started developing the turbo engine two years ago, much earlier than Ferrari and Renault, and they are now ahead because of it, which is very well played on their part.

I have followed Hamilton since the days of F3 and GP2. The man was a star all along. He won both feeder series with consummate ease. Hamilton is just too temperamental/impatient  sometimes and this doesn't do him good. He is learning to be more calculating during races.

I hope he gets his second title, but it is too early in the season.

I agree.

--