reginos:
SuzyF:
reginos:

Your experiences are unnerving for sure. However, you are an exception as there are thousands of happy owners who wouldn't look at anything else. 

I owned a first generation facelifted Mercedes ML and it was the worst car I had for reliability and failures. As this model had been very popular in the market, when I mention my experiences to others they cannot comprehend because theirs have been perfect. Most moved to the replacement model too.

Out of every production run there are lemons and anyone could get one. The luck of the draw. But we shouldn't generalize from the specific and draw absolute conclusions from vocal complaints.

--

"Form follows function"

Problem is not that there are lemons in every production run. That's certainly true. The problem here is how Porsche deals with it. Doesn't matter if it is the dealership, PCNA or PAG. This should NOT happen in any company. Period! If it happens to Nick, it can happen to all of us (or at least people in the U.S. because I think the main problem here is PCNA).

I am sure Nick could have handled it much better if he was knowledgeable about cars. Sometimes you have to lead the technicians and question their verdicts. This wouldn't have absolved the workshop but he would get less harassment.

I cannot see how in the USA, that is supposed to be the most demanding market in the world, someone cannot get satisfaction for an obvious issue with a product. The whole story reminds of the saying "God helps those who help themselves".

If you save up 5 years just to get ur dream car, and after that u get problems after problems and then find a pool in ur car..... I am sure u would smile at the local dealership and ask them nicely to see if they could help out on the problem?  and work wtih them through to fix it..... ANY BRANDS OF ANY CARS is not acceptable!!  He made the good decision to let the world knows his problem, and hope Porsche make a reasonable solution with him.  Any other electrical issues are understandable.... come on!  Pool in the car??   and you said Nick could have handled it much better? u got to be Saint from heaven.....SmileySmiley