The problem with software certification is that they cannot allow customers to individually turn on/off features. Unless it was intended that way. This happens for legal reasons (as far as I know).

I understand your point but every car manufacturer has certain priorities and people like you (or even me) are in a minority. Let's take the Sport and Sport Plus mode: I would love to have Sport mode active automatically when I start the car. Not possible...for safety reasons (what if someone forgets about it and crashes?!). Even turning off the start/stop automatic could be deactivated in the software at some point because it is an integral feature of achieving the claimed CO2 values.

Maybe Porsche is more raw than we give them credit for: I could imagine that with PSM turned off, in Sport Plus mode, the rev match auto blip could be deactivated. Could...I don't have a clue if Porsche will do it or has done it. It would make sense though because most people drive in Sport mode or Sport Plus mode but leave PSM turned on, especially on the street. Turning PSM off during street driving is not only dangerous but dumb. Just imagine you forget about it and... It happened to me once, so don't say it cannot happen. I was leaving a fuel station which didn't have the fuel I wanted and when exiting the station, I forgot that PSM was turned off. You can imagine what happened when I fully accelerated to exit the smaller road into the main road. Luckily, there was no other car around. 

Playing around with different software settings is something some of us may want and love but it can be dangerous. This is why Porsche needs to find the middle way to make everybody happy. I agree that the rev match auto blip is not really a safety related feature but like I said before, they cannot add another button for it or whatever. I can imagine however that they, as I suggested, turn it off when PSM is off. It would make sense. Not sure however they are going to do it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)