Either way, the car going straight has the 'right' of way.

Not over here in Germany and many other parts of the world. I acknowledge the left side of the road driving in the UK and this is why I asked if there are special rules but everywhere else on this planet, the right before left rule applies when there are no street signs.

Another interesting article (I wonder if someone actually bothers reading the links I post(ed) ):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priority_to_the_right#cite_note-state1-1

Btw: I watched the video a couple of times and yes, the Mazda is to blame (he had not the right of way in this case) but also the Aventador driver because he was indeed too fast (listen to the sound and look at the speed), I doubt he respected the mandatory 30 mph speed limit.

Here are some stills to give you a better idea of the incident. The driver of the Lamborghini was too fast, he didn't pay attention (the Mazda was already visible when he approached), he also just slowed down before the impact but didn't even really brake and look where he was steering to in the moment of the impact.

I guess both will be blamed in the incident but maybe the Lambo driver is lucky because there don't seem to be braking marks on the road, which would be necessary to assess the speed of the Aventador.

1396410238375crash.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)