crayphile:

I think its likely to drop slower than a 918 given the effusive reviews its got and production limit of 375, but I hope it does drop significantly for your and my sake!

Haha, you are waiting too? I felt like both Ferrari and Mclaren priced in the initial 'flip' price already with the asking price. So for the next couple years, I think the price will stay firm up around there as none of the initial buyers wants to take a bath. It won't go up much if at all. I don't mind waiting a while for a P1, it's not a cutting edge tech car, so timing for acquiring one has no significant bearing, like I don't mind waiting 5 years to buy a toaster oven, but I won't wait 5 years to buy a iPhone 5S.

918 on the other hand is a Porsche, and they never really appreciate, plus, 918 is significant more volume than 375 so the price holding power is not there. 

But the perks that comes with being the initial buyer of 918 does come in handy, I just exercised mine for the first time, cutting the line to get a Macan S, early June production instead of Sept production. 

Also offered 100k to take the 991 GT3 off his hands, but too bad there is a stop sale haha.

--