RC:
Lars997:

Yep - consumption sucks.

I checked the fuel by re-filling now couple of times. With an overweight on local/city driving it always have been 18 liters and if going long distance with "normal Autobahn flow around 160-180 km/h" its around 14 liters. Never had the chance going Autobahn on higher speed for longer distance but whenever I was quickly up on 260 km/h it was showing around 30 liters on the display. But for our daily use you have the 18 liters.

18 liters is "acceptable"...my Cayenne GTS had around 19 l / 100 km. Never seen 30 liters though, at top speed, the fuel consumption was around 22-23 liters (Cayenne GTS).

Found this interesting graphic about the Harman Kardon sound system on the SRT (maybe interesting for some).

harman_speakers_02.jpg

The fuel consumption issue is rather interesting.  Most European automakers develop engines with specific fuel consumptions that tend to be relatively flat across the RPM range because of higher speeds obtained on the autobahn.  U.S. manufacturers develop engines that optimize fuel economy, and specific fuel consumption, at lower RPMs and velocities.  Driving conditions in the States seldom exceed 125-130 kph.