I think when 12C came out, people argue the exterior look was not exotic enough to "fitted" in the 458/Lambo/R8 supercar section.  Regardless of the performances, the appearance does stand a more settle look as compared with 458/lambo/R8.  This was one big down factor when people are paying around Euro250K~280K and feel not been "superified"....    I suppose P1 was a great successful design, so to apply its front look on 650S is a no brainer decision.....  However, the rear remains 12C is making this car a bit unbalanced to my view, its not that its bad looking, just not balanced compared to the front.  650S is still going to sell and I think it wuold sell better than current 12C because: price is 20K higher than 12C but its has carbon ceramic breaks and all these upgrades and a lot of options standards.....  so if someone was thinking of getting 12C (650S), this would be a good time.    I've checked with local McLaren that they will not bringing in anymore 12C, unless u put special order to it.....  This means this 650C isn't a new model, but a "Facelift" of the 12C.....  come to think of Facelift, then all of the sudden I think McLaren did a good job......