RC,

I would not change my mind on a G 55 or G 63, although I understand that your wife might have an issue with the design. In the long run though, the G wagon is a 4x4 that you can keep for ever, it is quite fast, classic design that will never be out of date, very good on and off road, on ice and snow, very good boot size for a family! Its a vehicle you won't need to change in the foreseeable future, especially the G 63.

I ve read most of the reports on both G 63 and G 55, but I am still unsure if the driving position and dynamics are good, so I am trying to organise a test drive in Germany next week. A friend that owned one told the steering feel is weird, very direct, and dynamics not so good. Dealer in the region I am visiting has a brand new G63, not registered, so still searching... Of course, the fact that you were thinking of buying one, is one more reason that I believe this is the car I am looking for!

At this moment in time I would not go for a Cayenne Turbo, since the facelift is around the corner, I would feel 'bad' owning an 'old' model. Re think twice and three times before taking this decision, cheaper Cayenne or SRT, or more expensive long term timeless keeper G63/55.

--

Nikolas - 01 996 Turbo, 06 997 Turbo, 07 AM V8