Whoopsy:

My dealer told me my order is now in PAG hands, so I am guessing the order is locked in and lined up for production now. Debated for a long time to go with dark blue metallic but ended up still going with Basalt Black.

Locally, there is a new track project Area 27 it is called, Jacques Villeneuve is their spokesman, about 4hrs away through the mountains, they are suppose to start construction this year, I put my name down as someone interested in joining. So yeah I do plan on tracking it and my other cars.

I will also join some locals who goes to the Seattle track or the Portland track and some other road rallies.

The 918 differs from every other super car is that it's every day usable, can't hold much shopping but Porsche engineered it to be a 'daily driver' if one can call it that. AWD for foul weather, electric mode for quiet uncover travel, etc.

Porsche built 50 prototypes just to validate and test everything, Ferrari and McLaren together maybe have 10 or less, but at least McLaren pretty much validated everything but the hybrid system on the P1 with the 12C. But Porsche has the extra test miles, so I believe it should be the most reliable one too.  

While I was at the dealer today talking about my order, I was also there to picked up a couple of the new Porsche Office Chairs that I ordered after I came back from the LA Show. Man those thing are sweet. 

Actually, even 250 mil for a new car is a low investment. Making new model costs around 1 billion euro.

In many ways 918 repeats 959 and veyron. Both these cars were a great loss for Porsche and VW in its time. Have read somewhere that porsche sold 959 at 40% from its real costs. So, they lost, on each car, around 60%...

--

sportcars-history.com