RC:
apias:
RC:
apias:
RC:

Funny enough, I actually think that the 991 Turbo S would be even faster from 0-300 kph in Sport mode and not Sport Plus mode, the mode all car magazines usually use for their performance data recording. Could be worth an experiment (maybe someone working at a car magazine is reading this). 

Because of the increased drag and downforce of the aero? Shift points? Combination of factors?

Mostly because of the increased downforce. It certainly should play a  significant role but this is why this should be tested by a car magazine, it could be fun (and interesting).

The main problem would be that Launch Control requires Sport Plus to be on, which activates the aero components, and they partially activate automatically at 120kph otherwise. Is there a way to disable the aero in those conditions? It does seem as though it should theoretically be faster in a straight line without it. It would certainly be interesting to see the test results.

With launch control active and a full acceleration from standstill, the Active Aerodynamics are fully deployed when the car reaches 160 kph. It is possible to switch to Sport mode or turn Sport/Sport Plus off at this point but only up to 270 kph. Over 270 kph, the Active Aerodynamics system cannot be operated, meaning that it stays in the previously selected position. This is for safety reasons.

Ah, I thought turning on Sport Plus fully deployed the aero (so, Launch Control = aero fully deployed from start), but, perhaps I misread that. But, anyway, you're saying some "fancy" finger work on the buttons could keep it at least minimized. Someone should definitely do this and publish the results.