MKSGR:
turbolite:
I was referring therefore to the sport auto Supertest times, where the ZR1 did somewhat disappointing 7.38 (slower than the gtr for example). problem of the car according to Saurma was driveability mainly due to weak aerodynamics (lack of downforce) on the bumpy track.

These observations make me wonder if it would be a good choice to buy and drive such a car in Germany. It seems to me that the Corvette is primarily developed for the US market. Who knows what happens on a very fast Autobahn trip. I might be oversensitive. However, as attractive bargain the Corvettes might be, I would still be reluctant to take the risk myself Smiley

I remember the first time I test drove the z06 pulling out of a rest stop on the damp highway near Frankfurt and almost loosing the car when shifting into third under full acceleration... a thing that would habe been no problem to do in those conditions with my 996 turbo...  That's when i decided to stick with it!! 

So over 800 Nm and rear wheel drive must be REALLY well orchestrated otherwise it will be slippin and slidin all the way! Thinking about it i guess that the z07 package is a must buy for the new z06! Smiley

--

turbolite