MKW:

a 200k R8 or Huracan looks like a 300k exotic to the masses, vs a 200k Turbo S which looks like a 100k car, of which there are zillions now, sporty or otherwise, and which one is bought may also depend on ones identity as an extrovert or introvert

This is actually one reason the 911 Turbo/S is that successful. Many customers prefer a more stealth look but I'm not so sure the new Turbo/S is really that stealth. I was in Starnberg yesterday to visit a friend and I parked the car in front of his house near the lake. When we got out to take a look (he never saw one up close), there were a couple of people already around it, looking through the window (I hate greasy hand and finger imprints on the windows... Smiley). When I approached the car, they wanted to look inside, one guy asked me to start the engine and five minutes later, I had two cars stopping on the private(!) parking lot in front of the house, just to look at the car. It was kind of pathetic and pretty unusual for Bavaria. Then, I drove away and stopped in Herrsching for a pizza. When I got back to the car, there was a 991 Carrera standing next to my car and the guy and his wife or girl friend were pressing their hands against my windows. Maybe I should put a sign which reads: "You smear, you clean". Smiley When I drove home, I noticed that someone also put his hands on the windshield and the sun was shining bright (and low), so it was very annoying. I had to stop at a fuel station to clean everything.

I guess things like that will happen less often once the 991 Turbo/S makes it to the streets more often. Right now, the car is still pretty seldom. I personally know three guys who got one from my dealer but only one of them actually registered the car, the other two are waiting for January 2nd to register the car for tax reasons (or whatever).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)