easy_rider911:

I must say I'm not keen on the styling of the LaFerrari. The impressive element is that somehow it remains unmistakably a Ferrari ... and it's that element that helps give this car a presence.

I think the 918 Spyder is the most beautiful supercar on sale right now. The lack of demand must be because it's from a marque that isn't exclusive enough and because Porsche doesn't make buyers feel it is difficult to secure one. If you pay, you get one doesn't excite or titillate purchasers. 

But the proof of the pudding is in the drive. I suspect potential buyers may feel excited once they drive the 918 Spyder and realise how good it is. It's not often one sees a reaction like that on Chris Harris's face for example.

Special Ferraris have always been a very good investment. Therefore, most buyers view this as a priority. Furthermore, I suspect that very few LaFerrari will cover much more than delivery mileage (so as not spoil the "investment") and as a result the driving experience will be secondary to the capital gain potential.

Porsche said that they will produce 918 Spyders as 2014MY, but I believe they could extent their production schedule until all are eventually sold.

--

"Form follows function"