Italo:
RC:

You seriously compare a tuned car with a "standard" model? Taking in consideration Porsche engineering's internal quality, safety, efficiency, reliability and durability tests and guidelines, your car would never make it to production in it's current state. Food for thought...maybe. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

You are one mean dude Smiley

Seriously, I haven't tried to be mean. Smiley It is a mere fact. Manufacturers are developing/producing under completely different rules than tuners. This is also the reason why for example Alois Ruf gets always mad when somebody calls him a tuner. He is a manufacturer and he takes pride in it. Smiley

You also need to know that even if a Mezger based engine can take a lot of excessive power/stress, everything else like drivetrain, gearbox and even the bodyshell/chassis are not made for a power increase of 200 or even 300 hp. This can go very very wrong at some point, this is why I've never been a fan of excessive tuning. 50-100 hp should be acceptable (not always, it depends on the car) but everything in excess of 100 hp, I would leave to "manufacturers" like RUF.

This is just my opinion, nobody has to agree with it. However, I was lucky enough to get some direct insight into development (more than some of you guys can even imagine and I am very thankful to Porsche for that) and if you see how much details play a role in certain decisions, you would never trust a tuned car again. Power isn't everything.

It wasn't my intention to offend anyone, honestly. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)