I think the very public development and marketing strategy actually seems to be paying off. No one is left in any doubt at all about the technical achievment that this car represents as a result of the coverage and detail of the testing and development program. As well, the car has under-promised and over-delivered. Whatever Ring time or other performance figures the P1 and LAF may produce, Porsche got there quciker and broke the magic barrier first. On top of that, the 918 has turned out to be so usable and refined. Although most hypercar buyers are not primarily motivated by fuel efficiency, I think it is hard to overlook that Porsche has managed to pack in such performance with the ability to operate so efficiently if the user desires. It is a magnificent achievement and I think it will have a place in automotive history.

As to what the trading values on the market are in the future, that is a separate story and is driven by total numbers produced and the tastes of collectors. In my mind this car rises well above all that.

I suppose one can try to read into Chris's comments various things, but he has always been articulate and honest, and having watched the video, it is clear to me that he is gobsmacked by this car.

Congrats Whoopsy, you faith will be well-rewarded.