Leawood911:

I will say it again - it will have a sequential gearbox tamed for the street/track. It will have a clutch used for when stopped and to start (when not using launch control) and to downshift. Up shifts will be without clutch and will be instant/brutal - if so desired.  Anytime you can still use the clutch to shift when you want to be smooth and baby it.  There will be no H-pattern, just sequential gears, most likely six for durability. This gearbox will make the PDK look like the automatic slush box that it is. The GT3RS will be the BOMB!  - my guess is a 9400 RPM redline to make up for the six speeds.

This is my prediction - anyone who has driven a cup car will tell you it was inevitable and the GT3RS is the perfect car to try this on. It will stand apart - far apart, and the transmission and clutch will be bullet- proof when used on the street with limited track use, like the new PCCB brakes.

Cheers

Sounds everything nice but Porsche wants to make money too... Smiley

The surprises seem to be related to some other "features", just let's wait for the press release at some point.

The magnesium roof, I think Dario mentioned it once, seems to be a sure thing. 

I am very curious and no, I have no details yet (but I'm working on it Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)