My wifes 2010 Range Rover Sport is up for replacement. So we test drove the GL350, X5 3.0d/5.0d, Range Rover Sport 3.0d 292HP, Cayenne Diesel, Jeep SRT).

How did we rate:

• GL – to big but driving was really fun. We love the optic (with AMG package) and really had great emotions driving the car. Almost bought it but the dealer was not able to make the right offer. He came back after the weekend but then we had the doubs regarding the size.... bad for him!
  • new X5 – to boring, dont misunderstand, from the technology and feel a perfect car, but also just another BMW – nothing special about and you will see it on every corner sooner or later
  • RRS – great exterior but  inside zero emotions on test drive. The interior is boring and lots of things just been reduced to cost efficiency instead driver experience. I would have been ok with it but my wife just hated it (and she was the one which must had the last RRS - because she loves RR!).
  • Cayenne –  great from emotions. Good looking interieur/exterieur. Normal Diesel would have been all we needed (the S was not available for testing). But - 5 months after delivery there will be a huge facelift (Autumn 2014) which is a killer arguement for me.  
  • Jeep SRT – The SRT got our attention during a vacation in the US. The neighbor of our friends had one and we instantly like the design of the car. After returning home we made an test drive and loved the ride - it sits and feels on the streat like a sports car and not like an SUV. The seats have been the best of all contestants and the stereo just want to let you stay in the car forever. I dont have to say anything about the engine - the car kicks insane - but that was not what we have been looking for... but sure - adds a lot of emotions. 

How did we decide - we ordered an SRT. Why - emotions. It just felt so good on the street and you will hardly find any of these cars on the street (only 70 will make it to Germany) Obviously it doesn't fit the contestant group - we should have compared the SRT with an Cayenne Turbo, AMG GL63 or X5-M - but from the total cost level it goes exactly into this group (lease, fuel, inspection and insurance costs). 

So - that's the first US car we will have. I hope I will not regret but its a toy and more or less my wife's car. The car is due to delivery in beginning of 2014 - will send pictures asap after we having it.

That's the color she choosen "SRT redline" - interior will be Sepia leather