Thanks Vevesse. Although the alp route is the most direct I think it may also be the most uncertain due to snow. The route I currently have planned looks more like the one attached. Im open to suggestions. Maybe this route is also possible to be in snow in Dec?

Regards the salt I am hoping we wont spend to much time on salted roads, however we will make sure we give the underside of the car a good clean before export and of course in New Zealand we do not use salt so it will not become an issue after that. Im sure these are very tough cars as were the 964RS, 993RS and 996GT3 which I have owned before.

If anyone can help with advising on this map I would appreciate it. It has some great driving roads like the M6202. The distance from Zurich this way is under 800km but because of teh very windy nature of the roads takes 10 hours. If I were to stop mid route could someone suggest a place worth stopping and staying in the Chambery or Grenoble region or would it be best to stay in Geneva and push on form there?

zurich to Nice.JPG