J.Seven:

Just couple months ago a German friend of mine who is a Rennteam moderator came on a business trip to Portugal and we went for a drink. I took my Cab, and while we were riding in Lisbon center a Renault Kangoo parked next to us on traffic light, the guy open his window and ask me with a huge smile if I wanted to change cars! My friend who doesn't speak Portuguese asked me what the guy have asked and when I told him, he said it would be completely impossible something similar like this to happens in Germany Smiley, actually he told me stories that happened with him in Germany which confirms what Christian has been telling about Germans low attitude towards sports cars.

Anyway there have been some other occasions where drivers were not so "funny" on their  comments and while not pleasant to ear,  it doesn't bother me, I simply don't give any credit to this kind of ignorance.

J.Seven

A similar thing happened to me in my Panamera Turbo S last year in spring. A young man sitting in a Mercedes A class as a passenger asked me to open the window and he asked the same thing with a smile on his face. The driver had a huge grin on his face too and showed me thumbs up. Both very very friendly. I'm not sure but I think they were Turks (by the looks and accent). Usually I get the middle finger from younger people... Smiley

Maybe we should get back to topic, I'm not sure everyone here in the forum can (or wants to) relate to the issues we discussed. I know a couple of Porsche drivers over here who couldn't care less what other people think, actually they WANT them to be envious, which just isn't my thing. I want to be left alone with my toy(s).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)