mc3744:

Clients were assuming he was making too much money. A few years back they would think he must be good if he is making that kind of money. In the end it all boils down to envy.

I hear that from so many business people over here, this is a real shame. I would actually prefer to go to the guy who owns the nicer car because I would assume he is making more money because he is good at what he is doing. Smiley

Btw, RC, did the woman who told you she could not understand the pleasure of a driving a nice car not own any jewelry or wear any make-up or dress only to cover herself rather than be pleasant? 

I'm afraid you are barking the wrong tree here. Not much make-up, only some weird looking wood(!) jewelry. She is a music teacher and very conservative (life-style, not politics). Not exactly sure what hobbies she has but I think it involves baking and doing arts and craft. Still...a Porsche is somehow "acceptable" now for me (in my neighborhood), also I don't think that many people can make a difference between a 991 Turbo S and a regular 911. A more exotic car, even the Audi R8, would be impossible here.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)