andyFE:
Gnil:
andyFE:
A friend just paid a one-month salary (about 30K swiss francs in her case) for getting caught in her car with 62km/h in a 30km/h zone in Zurich. Not a very car-friendly place:::)))

If she was officially doing 62 km/h , she must of been at around 75 km/h on the speedo . Sorry, but if she drives like that in a 30 zone ( children , pedestrians, schools etc… ) she is asking for troubles .

I live here , have always had sports car, know many people with sports car, and if you know where and how to drive, you do not get into these kind of troubles .

She drives there every day and it is a 50km/h zone. But one day they opened up a construction site and reduced the speed limit. There are no schools, not even pedestrians. It is just money making for the state, swiss style. In every other country that I know it would have been 100-300euros fine.

Nope... In the Netherlands that would've cost her at least her driver's license + a court case.
She has eyes in her head, so she is supposed to see when the speed limit is reduced. The one that's driving is the one that's responsible. Simple as that.
Tip of the week: Porsche offers a feature that reads roadsigns and warns you when you are speeding Smiley

I never like it when I get a fine, but in the end, it is always my own responsibillity.
And yes... fines are very high in Switzerland, but everybody knows it, so a good reason to be extra careful.
Next time she will think twice when she sees a construction site, so it definitely works. A 250 swiss francs fine would be peanuts for someone that earns 30k a month, so that wouldn't have any effect.  Smiley

--

Suzy