Gnil:
RC:

I never got ticketed in Italy (and I'm a bad boy... Smiley). Either I spot the traps in time (one laser trap was quite tricky but I saw them and suddenly reduced the speed, throwing off their measurement...they stopped me anyway) or I am just careful. I also heard (not sure if true) that they average speed between toll stations shouldn't exceed the legal speed limit but this works quite fine since I usually never achieve a higher average speed.

My secret not to get ticketed in Italy? Well...I am nice. I got stopped a couple of times and never got ticketed. I apologized, I was nice, we talked, sometimes my wife helped out too (she has her way with men... Smiley) and usually I got off with a verbal warning. Once, the carabinieri even told me to watch out because there is another speed trap down the road...and he was right. Smiley Well, this all happened when they "liked" Germans in North Italy, now I'm not so sure. Smiley

I am more careful in Austria since Austrian police can actually ticket you as they please (if a police officer says you were 30 kph over the legal speed limit, you were 30 kph over the legal speed limit, no matter if true or not) because they usually don't need "proof", which is quite annoying. 

Switzerland? Don't even talk to me about it. I avoid Switzerland as much as I can and haven't been there for a long time.  

Regarding the Aventador: Well...your wife is very similar to mine. When I wanted to get a Ferrari F12 (had an excellent offer, almost couldn't resist), my wife threatened me with divorce. Smiley Same goes to my Lamborghini Gallardo craving a couple of years ago, no exotics in our neighborhood. My wife was (as always? Smiley) right, I can somehow "justify" the Porsche cars now but a Lambo or a Ferrari? Impossible. Just recently my son's best friend kind of started to ignore my son because he found out that we have a 991 Turbo S. No kidding. Of course they are kids and friends come and go but my son felt very hurt. My son never said something about the car in school (we taught our kids to shut up about our cars, vacations, etc. for good reasons) but another school kid in his class lives in our neighborhood and told everybody about the car...so... Smiley Another example: My daughter's best friend asked my daughter if she wants to come to the Circus with her because she has free tickets. When my daughter wanted to go, her friend told her not to forget money for the ticket. My daughter asked her friend about the free tickets and you know what her friend told her? "You are rich, you don't need a free ticket, I gave it to a relative." Smiley My daughter was devastated. As you can see, discrimination works both ways. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Move to Switzerland, you won't have these problems, people are still normal over here and I have a very nice live  as I do not have to hide anything + great people around me + very good quality of life ….. Now I am in the better part of Switzerland Smiley  Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

A friend just paid a one-month salary (about 30K swiss francs in her case) for getting caught in her car with 62km/h in a 30km/h zone in Zurich. Not a very car-friendly place:::)))