RC:
keithos27:

Nice, good luck!  :)

It may be the last lottery year. You should have seen us: During our stay in Miami, a friend from Nashville called and while we were talking, he asked me if I entered the Green Card diversity lottery this year. I forgot about it and the deadline was November 2nd. It was October 30th. We needed four photos and these photos needed to be in a certain way (size, no shadows, background, no photoshopping, etc.). I took a couple of dozen of photos of me, the kids and the wife with my iPhone(!) and chose four photos, which were apparently fine(the US government has a special online verification tool for these photos). So I completed the survey and uploaded the photos and entered the lottery from our hotel room in Miami. Smiley Now we have to wait until May 1st 2014...this is when the lottery results come in.

Sorry for being off-topic but this is the first time we "played" the Green Card lottery and I am very excited. Smiley

I hope you know that as a US green card holder you have to pay US federal income tax on your world wide income, with a 95K USD deductible. The same rules apply to US citizens and US green card holders.