reginos:

This car is an alternative to Lotus Exige. I don't think it is an alternative to Porsche.

People who buy the Cayman wouldn't find the 4C to be a complete car.

A drawback IMO is that entering the car is quite difficult (more difficult than a Lotus) and this excludes most women who would like the looks and lots of corpulent males of the age who can afford to pay the high price.

Moreover, people who are nostalgic about Porsches of yesteryear, light and basic, will reject it because of its DCT. Nostalgics hate anything other than manual.

Alfa Romeo are clever to limit production and availability because this will guarantee meeting sales targets in the initial one or two years, at least.

All in all, if I wanted a Lotus type of car, I would definitely try this Alfa. Otherwise, this doesn't touch me at all.

--

"Form follows function"

That's exactly the point. Most people compare it with a Cayman, but it's a completely different car. The 4C is indeed more comparable with an Elize or Exige. They will initially build a total of 26000 in a 7 year lifespan. Or at least that is how Alfa has things planned.

The fact that is is compared to a Cayman, does actually prove how good the car is. The 981 chassis is the best one out there, without much competition untill now.  Cayman is more refined and more luxurious, lotus is very basic and not very refined at all. The 4C fits in between Lotus and Porsche.

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)