So just had a chat with my dealer, looks like the way Porsche is handling the 918 business has just pissed off another loyal customer.

I was #2 on the list, but I believe #1 is cancelling within the next few days and I am taking over his allocation, that means car building next May delivery July.

#1 was pissed at Porsche's timing. He had his deposit down for over 2 years now yet very little information has been communicated to him during the 2 years. He was offered, and bought the Turbo S 918 edition, thinking he would at least have a few years to drive it as top dog, he didn't expect the 991 Turbo S to come out so quickly out of the gate. Say he was furious at Porsche's decision was the understatement of the year. #1 was a loyal Porsche customer, bought every significant model Porsche released yet he feel like Porsche has treated him like shit.

At this moment, I think the decision to purchase the 918 from a financial point of view is a failure, more epic that the CGT, but I don't care, simply because I think I valued it not as an investment but as a technology showcase. Nothing else now or in the near future comes close to the technology offered in the 918. Plus, thanks to Facebook and today George Soros, I made enough last 7 days to fully paid for the car taxed in. The Soros part was especially sweet, considered he almost ruined my family's lives 16 year ago. I consider today's gain off him was his restitution to me.