werner:

Firstly: Thank you for sparing me the big speech as I had no intention of wasting my time on something like that. Your non - combative reply and the fact that you seem to take my views as intended in a positve way and not as negative critisim or as a personal attack, as I stated in my post, is refreshing and appreciated.

Secondlly: Make no mistake, I and many others on this board, have always understood the relationship you have with certain employees of certain companies and that the relationship based on trust, cannot be abused. The info that you did manage to pass through has always been appreciated. Also, you are mistaken if you think this is the only board with some inside connections. Fact is, we appreciate your feedback as and when you can give it.

Thirdly: Your are slightly missing the point - probably due to me not being very clear. I have much less of an issue with the software than the lack of  diversity of topics lately. So why is there a lack of diversity these days?  Here's my take: Porsche produces more than one model. The Porsche community consists of more than just owners of lastest top of the range 911 or Panamera. These owners are just as enthusiastic about the brand and their cars. Look at 911ster for example. I like his posts, like his car and his enthusiasm. Same goes for M4EVER. Knocking them, 981 or Panamera diesel owners for driving old technology or lower in the food chain models is not conducive to building the Rennteam community. Yes they may not be as safe, fast or as clever as a new GT3 or Turbo S but I bet you their owners are having a lot of fun and do not have to be constantly reminded they're driving a piece of .... that is plotting to kill them around the next corner. Let them have their place in the sun. In the past it was always enjoyable comming here so let's not take a "take it or leave attitude".  A board is kept alive by its posters, in other words people. I'm all for being opiniated and vigerous debate but not to the point of insulting somebody because he's not driving the latest model. Why do you think the Boxster, Cayman and the rest of the boards are dead? It is safe to assume there are more than one 964 and 993 owner out there. Hell, at some stage we were even able of poking light hearted fun at one another. Let's spread the topics again, be tolerant of other models and smile at the ignorance of my 912 is better than your Turbo S. Ignore the ignorant.

Long live RennteamSmiley

I understand now but I think this happens because I put my heart and soul into threads and models I own or which I am going to own, so it is clear that you are going to read more about the cars I own or will own rather than other models. I wish we had some users who would actually do the same I do when I report about my current or future cars but maybe due to the lack of information regarding these particular models, owners tend to refrain from posting, which is sad. I do not have the time (anymore) to take a Cayman or a Boxster or other cars for a longer testdrive and post photos and other stuff. This is something OWNERS should do, to help out the community.

I feel really sorry that I put my emphasis on the 991 Turbo/Turbo S but this is the car I am most interested right now and this is why I try to gather as much information about it as possible. I get it, I should try to do the same with other models but this is what YOU guys are here for, to complement the content and to add something to the forums. We cannot do it alone and I cannot own each and every Porsche model (not that I wouldn't like it).

Back to topic (991 Turbo/Turbo S).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)