Grant:

I would be very surprised if they cancel the GT2 and GT2 RS.  When is the last time Porsche removed 911 models (rather than trying to find a tiny gap in price, performance, roofline, or luxury among existing models to fill with a new variant)?

My guess is that Porsche would only cancel the GT2 and GT2 RS if they have something to "replace" them, like the "960" for example. I don't know if there would be a large enough market for a GT2/GT2RS and the 960 at the same time. Actually, I doubt it. This is why I think that upgrading the Turbo S to being the top of the 911 family  and offering a mid engined "960" in the 250k price range at the same time would be the best strategy for Porsche. Just my personal opinion though... Porsche could even offer the "960" for a 220k EUR base price with unlimited options to add, pushing the price tag close to 300k. I would do that. Smiley A GT2/GT2RS wouldn't make sense anymore, especially since there is no racing series to actually make use of these cars for whatever reason (homologation, etc.).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)