hugo:

Right now (excluding future un launched  models) Porsche managed to create the best SUVs and sedans "forgetting" about their original sports segment domination while the competition closed the gap...

This is an ongoing thing i observe since the 997 time,the range of cars has grown losing focus and pissing off loyal buyers while at it, arriving at present time where the ratio price/performance fail to deliver.

I guess for the time being i'll stay with Porsche for Cayennes and Panameras and pass on the 911s

You are actually making a very good point here. I hope Porsche reads this. Smiley

With Mercedes AMG starting the new SLC (or GT?) next year, things could get ugly for the 911, especially in Europe.

Speaking of earning margins: It would already help if Porsche would give the dealers better margins, so dealers can actually give higher rebates. On the other hand, this strategy is dangerous because when you get 15% rebate on a 911, this could devalue the brand a lot.

I honestly don't know what is going on here but it is obvious that Porsche has more success with the Panamera and Cayenne for a reason. The 911 is the Porsche, the car which made Porsche legendary, so maybe it is time for Porsche to step up the game a little bit.

There are, btw., lots of confusing news regarding a new GT2 and GT2 RS: According to Die Welt, one of the largest German newspapers, there will be a GT2 end of this year, a car with 630 hp instead of 560 hp and a price tag starting at 200k EUR. This doesn't make sense at all in my opinion but they claim they got this information from Autobild. Now I searched the Autobild website and haven't found a hint regarding the GT2 and that claim, so I am a little bit confused.

Here is the original article in Die Welt: http://www.welt.de/motor/news/article117751582/Porsche-911-GT2.html

If true, I would get a GT2 with 630 hp for 200k EUR immediately, I would cancel my 991 Turbo S order. Smiley

On the other hand, there currently is a strong rumor that there won't be a GT2 and GT2 RS anymore and that the 991 Turbo S will be the most powerful 911 from now on. Instead, Porsche wants to build the rumored 960 in the upper price and performance range and to avoid inter-model competition, the GT2 and the GT2 RS have been tanked.

So many confusing rumors...it really isn't fun anymore. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)