I always admire people like Markus (MKSGR) who track race their GT2 RS. This car is a weapon and should be handled with the utmost care. While the GT3 is a toy race car (in a positive way!) and really fun to drive, the GT2 RS is a constant challenge and while I would enjoy it from time to time, I don't think I would enjoy it all the time. When you need to be careful, the fun suffers, so personally, I would probably choose the GT3 instead. Same goes for the GT2, not as brutal as the GT2 RS but still, the GT3 is more (relaxed) fun in my opinion.

The 997 GT2 RS was and still is a dream car for me and if my 991 Turbo S won't make me happy, I may even go for a GT2 RS or even "only" GT2 but still, I think the GT3 would be the better choice. I already had issues to control the turbo power/torque with AWD, so without AWD, this becomes a constant challenge as mentioned before. Not sure I am ready for that anymore at my age. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)