Quote:
taffy said:
Quote:
U Boat Commander said:
Quote:
JJBlade said:
If you want to leave PSM on while on track that is up to you but it would bore me to tears. Maybe I should have bought a GT3 then I would not need to enter this discussion.

In fact if I admitted driving a GT3 on the road without PSM (ie cos it doesn't have it), I wonder if the mass hysteria about child killer,murderer etc etc would exist in that thread

Exactly! Oh the horror! A 911 without PSM. How can that be safe?

Excuse me, but what a bunch of pansies on this thread (first time 911 owners for sure). It is not unsafe to drive your 997 with the PSM off. Get real. And it is not unsafe to put your 997 into a slide if you know how to recover.

Let's be real here. There was no PSM just a few years ago and it didn't become standard until the 997. And the only reason it is now standard is for liability protection for Porsche (some [censored] lawyer said the 911 was unsafe without it). That's why PSM is in the on position when you start the car. Porsche wants you to make the decision to turn it off.

I'm using a GT3 as my EVERY DAY driver and feel much safer in that than i do in my Golf 4GTi. Even when raining...
Like I said above.... Drive like you should you should be fine.....

Thats for the situations that you get yourself into though... For situations caused/involving other cars...